SMG Sous Chef in Pensacola, Florida
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Part-Time Sous Chef for SMG/Pensacola Bay Center. Responsible for --
This position is second in command over the culinary department and is responsible for purchasing, receiving and producing food items in the facility in the absence of the Executive Chef. The work schedule is event driven and can require early, late and weekend shifts. In addition other duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Produce required product according to Banquet Event Orders for each event.
- Preparing recipes as directed.
- Ordering, receiving and preparing food items while maintaining food costs and budget goals.
- Maintaining all kitchen equipment cleanliness and maintenance.
- Supports all kitchen and stewarding staff.
- Assists with training of all cooks.
- Assists with monthly inventory.
- Responsible for kitchen in absence of Executive Chef
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to be creative with food presentations and maintain a quality product.
- Produce required product according to Banquet Event Orders for each event.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Strong orientation to customer service and ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
- Results oriented individual with the ability to meet budgetary goals.
- Excellent organizational, planning, communication and inter-personal skills.
- Must adhere to local Health Department code
Education and/or Experience
- At least four years of culinary experience in a banquet facility producing meals for large events.
Skills and Abilities
Must possess the necessary culinary skills to successfully produce high quality meals in a timely fashion within a fast paced environment. Culinary management skills are needed to provide direction to kitchen staff from inception to completion of an event.
- Proficient in Excel.
Must have current ServSafe Certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires minimal stooping and lifting, substantial standing and walking. Must be able to lift 30 pounds to the waist. Manual dexterity to operate office equipment such as a computer is required.
Pensacola, Civic Center
201 E Gregory St.
Pensacola, FL 32502
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 850-432-0800
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled