Danaher Corporation Project Engineer in Pensacola, Florida
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
The responsibility of the Project Engineer, is to assist in the development, design and management of equipment projects related to "capital equipment" & "media" manufacturing, lead the activities required to evaluate and implement changes to materials and processes used to manufacture media, evaluate and implement new products into the manufacturing environment, and provide technical support to manufacturing to resolve challenging manufacturing issues.
- Lead moderate size and or support large-scale projects from initial conception through completion.
- Evaluates systems and or processes to isolate root causes and implements corrective actions.
- Generate and maintain detailed budgets and timelines, which includes all pertinent information related to specific projects assigned.
- Designs and executes experiments to solve problems related to improving or developing new processes using creative and innovative concepts.
- Design process, converting and test equipment for the use in " media" and membrane manufacturing along with "capital equipment manufacturing equipment."
- Supervise contractors (plumbers, electricians, etc) and coordinate mechanical assemblies.
- Coordinate testing of materials with internal and external laboratories.
- Evaluate and analyze results identifying solutions relative to customer requirements, problems and opportunities.
- Characterize manufacturing processes and materials to identify and understand critical process drivers and establish appropriate controls for these process drivers.
- Develop and lead qualification efforts for changes in manufacturing processes, changes in raw materials, and introduction of new products into production.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Technical management of projects and processes
- Knowledge in the converting and or process industry with a strong background in mechanical, electrical or chemical engineering.
- Knowledge in chemical/polymer processing equipment, and/or fluid handling
- Working knowledge of industrial safety standards and regulations (OSHA).
- Contribute to programs which will encompass a variety of engineering disciplines utilizing in house as well as outside resources
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and their direct impact on the final product as well as the associated business influences
- Working knowledge of manufacturing business unit practices and principles in a regulatory environment.
- Lead cross-functional technical teams.
- Working knowledge of SPC, Design of Experiments (DOE), Measurement Systems Analysis, and statistical hypothesis testing.
- Working knowledge and experience with product and process validation methods and documentation (IQ/OQ/PQ, Gage R&R)
- Working knowledge and experience with Lean Six Sigma and/or structured problem solving approaches.
- Working knowledge and experience with risk assessment and risk mitigation techniques.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office, Autocad, Minitab, or other commonly used technical software
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline (Mechanical or Chemical Engineering) * 2 years of applicable progressive experience in converting, membrane and / or media technology development, implementation, and operations support environment required.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Project/Program Management
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-FL-Pensacola
Req ID: PAL001871