Belcan Manufacturing Engineer II in Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Manufacturing Engineer II
Job Number: 278911
Description: An Electronics Manufacturing Process Engineer job is currently available in Ft. Walton Florida with one of Belcan's premier partners in the aerospace / defense electronics industry. In this job, you will perform complex and varied work to develop and recommend improvements in the manufacturing system and in product manufacturability and cost effectiveness. In order to be considered for this job you must have a minimum of Bachelor's degree in a related engineering discipine and a strong background in process improvement and in AS9100, IPC-610 and J-STD-001 workmanship standards. Eligibility for U.S. Security Clearance is also required.
Manufacturing Engineer Job Duties:
• Support day to day manufacturing by providing tools, information and guidance required for repeatable, high quality production
• Support compliance with AS9100, IPC-610 and J-STD-001 workmanship standards
• Strong problem solving skills and the ability to analyze data resulting in sound root cause corrective actions
• Study, analyze and design methods, procedures, processes, layouts, flow, fixtures, and tooling as needed to support production
• Investigate, recommend, and implement manufacturing cost reduction and product improvement programs
• Participate in customer specification and statement of work reviews
• Review and analyze process change requests and implement as required
• Review current equipment capabilities and provide justification for capital investment
• Perform a variety of cost analyses - including make/buy recommendations
• Develop manufacturing operating instructions
• Develop and track manufacturing metrics to monitor the health of processes
• Evaluate non-conformances as part of the Material Review Board
• Develop procedures and train assemblers and operators in machine operations, processes or assembly applications
• Provide customer support when needed
• Interface with suppliers to reduce and eliminate quality issues at incoming inspection
• Develop ROI in support of capital equipment, new process development and productivity improvements
• Education/Certification: BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, or related field
• Experience: 3+ years’ experience with applicable solder certification standards
• Knowledge: Fundamentals of lean manufacturing practices and methods for continuous improvement.
• Skills/Abilities: Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Word, Excel) and AutoCAD
Special Work Conditions:
• Applicants selected could be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Eligibility requirements include U.S. nationals.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Location: Fort Walton Beach , FL
Minimum Experience (yrs):
Required Education: Not Specified
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart